Sunday, August 3, 2014

July Playlist





This week I have something a little different from the usual post. A 30 song playlist of music that I have found and come to love during the past month. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have and continue to do. 





So, without further ado, here are 30 songs for you to do whatever you please to.


1. Floria - Escape 

This song is by a young Aussie that seems to be putting out some great tracks. Free for download, and absolutely worth it.

2. Milkman - Summertime (feat. Brandon Skeie)

Coming off the brand new "Reboot" EP this song can turn a slow and boring day into a beach party in your bedroom.


3. The Magician - "Sunlight" Feat. Years & Years (Extended Mix)

The Magician seems to always do magic with any music, makes sense. But having only heard his remixes of songs like "Rather Be" by Clean Bandit", hearing this original featuring Olly Alexander from Years & Years is, magic. 

4. Monsieur Adi - What's Going On Feat. A*M*E*

Now, this song isn't really new anymore, but I still manage to blast it on a daily basis. I've been following Monsieur Adi's career for some time now and can honestly say he is going to be huge, if touring with Beyonce hasn't done enough for him. 

5. Azekel - New Romance

With an ambitious entrance into the industry, Azekel has has produced a song that I have trouble thinking of words to describe; simply because it's just so good!

6. NAO vs. A.K. Paul - So Good 

A perfect combo. Both newcomers, but both killing it. Brother of Jai Paul, A.K. manages to bring back the great feeling I got when listening to Jai but puts his own spin on it. That along with NAO's beautiful vocals,and you've got yourself a masterpiece. 


7. We the Wild - Glow

One of my more recent discoveries, We the Wild has me hooked with their great sound and their music video to this song that features them playing a game of table tennis.


8. Iggy & The German Kids - Mary Jane

An upbeat piece that fits summer perfectly. And yes, the question about what it's about some of you may be thinking, is yes. 


9. Pablo Nouvelle - Finding You (Ft. Lulu James)

This song is full of soul, and it's one of my most favorite recent finds. 


10. Porter Robinson - Flicker 

You may have heard of Porter Robinson, but this latest release is golden. 


11. Samuel Proffitt - Sladky ft. Khai

This is a gorgeous piece with an atmospheric feeling to it that is full of emotion.


12. Sophie - Lemonade

This song has been stuck in my head more than anything else recently. It brings new perspective to what used to be an innocent way of making a couple bucks. 


13. Slow Magic - Girls

Slow Magic is becoming a new favorite of mine. This producer maintains an enigmatic persona by wearing an overly large neon animal mask. Along with that, he has created amazing pieces that are too beautiful for words to describe. 

14. Kate Boy - Self Control

This songs title seems to be what I loose when I listen to this song, and that's perfectly ok!



15. BRONCHO - Class Historian

The primary reason for me loving this song so much is the beginning, and the fact that it just keeps happening. It just makes me really happy, it's quite infectious. 



16. Astronomyy - U Make Me Feel Good

Astronomyy is a new artist that has done nothing but produce some amazing music.Nothing he has released has disappointed. Lets hope he continues to create this amazing music. His new debut EP is out now on iTunes. 

17. HONNE - Warm On A Cold Night

I know what you're thinking, it's summer, but I have no shame in sharing this song because it's perfect for a late night drive or whatever else you do on a relaxing yet chilly evening.



18. KlangKarussell - Netzwerk (Falls Like Rain)

This is one of my favorites from KlangKarussel, and with a load of new music to come, I can't wait! 



19. Seafret - Give Me Something

A beautifully simplistic song full of emotion. 



20. LANY - ILYSB

With some great synths (I don't believe in "too much synth") and a great beat and vocals, LANY has created a song perfect for summer. 



21. Elder Island - Garden

This song is beautifully atmospheric and leaves me wanting more each time I listen. That's the main reason I've had it on repeat.



22. Years & Years - Take Shelter

This trio has become one of my favorite bands, and I cannot get enough of this song.



23. Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work (RAC Mix)

Now, this song is quite old. But I can't resist Two Door Cinema Club, and when you have an amazing artist like RAC to remix it, it's pure magic. "Something Good Can Work" is off Two Door's debut album "Tourist History" and you can find this remix on RAC's "Chapter One". 


24. Kid Astray - No Easy Way Out

Fresh off their new EP, Kid Astray is sure to make it huge in the near future. But for now, we can only hope their debut album is just as amazing as their first two EP's. 



25. Tom Misch - Memory

Bringing steel drums and violins together in perfect harmony with a great beat, this song brings color to any gloomy day.

26. Magic Man - Paris

With his debut album out, Magic Man is killing it. This is one of my favorites from the album, but the album as a whole is amazing. 


27. Miami Horror - Wild Motion (Set It Free)

I've become absolutely obsessed with this song. It's just so full of joy. 



28. Fenech Soler - Magnetic

I've been following this bands career since 2010, and can say with no doubt that they are one of my favorite bands of all time. Their debut album is out in the U.S. very soon and I can tell you, it's absolutely perfect. How do I know this, well, I already have it. I managed to grab a copy when it was first released in the U.K. back in September, and am still blasting it wherever I go. 

29. FKJ - Learn To Fly feat. Jordan Rakei 

FKJ stands for French Kiwi Juice, which is honestly what caught me when I found this artist. A jazzy, soul filled song with some smooth analog synth, I can't resist. 



30. The XX - Angels (Tommy Sheils Bootleg Remix)

Being a fellow Mainer, Tommy Sheils is from Portland ME. and is going to make it big. Going into his sophomore year of high school he has plenty of time to create something purely amazing, and I can't wait to see what this kid puts out in the future.  








No comments:

Post a Comment